ABOUT THE COMPANY
Smart Air Services is a well-established family owned and operated Aerial Agricultural business based on the Darling Downs in Queensland. We pride ourselves on being a professional operation with modern, well-maintained aircraft/equipment and a great crew to work with. The business has grown significantly in recent years, and we are looking for someone to manage our operations/logistics and continue to improve the business.
To find out more about Smart Air Services, please visit our website https://smartair.net.au/
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Operations & Logistics Manager reports directly to the business owner/chief pilot, this is a full-time permanent position.
This position is based on a private property near Cecil Plains so you will be required to have an unrestricted manual driver’s licence, own vehicle and accommodation close by (nearest townships are Cecil Plains or Dalby QLD).
What is required in this role:
• Liaising with farmers and agronomists & suppliers to coordinate application jobs
• Arrange chemical deliveries with suppliers
• Coordinate and brief pilots, ground crew & admin
• Monitor inventory of on-site chemical stock and provide usage report updates
• Quoting and pricing of jobs
• Financial reporting
• Assisting the Chief Pilot with CASA & WHS requirements
• Occasionally filling in for ground crew to load aircraft during peak season
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have:
• Management or coordinator experience
• Agricultural/farming background
• Customer Service experience and excellent communication skills
• Proficient with computers and technology
• Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
Things that are not essential but would be an advantage;
• Knowledge on chemical applications or chemical handling certificate
• Transport, Logistics or Aviation experience
• LR Truck licence
• Forklift licence
Attributes we are looking for in this person
• The usual stuff – reliable, honest, trustworthy, loyal & willing to learn
• Enjoy the challenge of solving problems and thinking on your feet
• Self-motivated and know how drive a team to create a positive work culture
• We like to have fun and enjoy what we do so having a sense of humour and being able to have a joke is a prerequisite.
• Flexibility – The Aerial Ag game is seasonal; this is not a regular 9-5 position. It can be demanding in the busy times however we can offer flexibly in the off season, and you will be fairly compensated with an attractive renumeration package depending on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email CV to Steph Smart firstname.lastname@example.org
The application process for this position will be open until 31st March 2022.